What is there not to love about a new Bridget Jones Movie? Being a similar age, though I have never lived in London, I can certainly identify with Bridget Jones. Although I was never a fan of Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver, I am happy about the inclusion of McDreamy in the new Bridget Jones Movie; Bridget Jones Baby.
Bridget Jones Baby – UK release date 16th September
In anticipation of it’s up and coming UK release I rewatched Bridget Jones Diaries and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and found,
7 Things we can learn from Bridget Jones.
- You may already know the man of your dreams. – Bridget had been miss-led by Daniel into believing that Mark was a “cad”. However, it turned out it was the other way around. So everything is not always as it seems.
- There is no such thing as perfect – She spends a lot of time dreaming about what should be rather than accepting what is and learning to love it.
- Stop trying so hard and be yourself. – Trying so hard does get her into the most embarrassing situations, but as Mark Darcy says “I love you just as you are”. Stop trying is also beneficial when trying to conceive. Sometimes the stress of trying prevents conception.
- Never give up hope – It would have been quite easy for her just to give up on love especially following the disastrous and devastating relationship with Daniel.
- Humour can help in any situation – When faced with the most embarrassing situations she doesn’t “crawl under a rock” she sees the funny side of it, not taking herself or the situation too seriously.
- Good friends can help you through anything – Her friends are her safe sanctuary and are there for her through thick and thin.
- It’s never too late to have a baby. – At 43 she is an older mother renewing hope in everyone still searching for the father that there is still time.