Often a first step to enjoying pregnancy or even planning to become pregnant is dealing with feelings of fear and anxiety around childbirth.
The effect of fear and anxiety on pregnancy and childbirth
- Fear and anxiety during pregnancy and childbirth have a significant impact on the wellbeing of the child.
- Fear and anxiety increase the experience of stress during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Fear and anxiety about childbirth can prolong pregnancy.
- Feelings of fear and anxiety increase the experience of pain.
- Feelings of fear and anxiety about childbirth cause the body to constrict rather than relax which can prolong labour and even delay labour.
The benefits of feelings of Joy and love in pregnancy and childbirth
- Joy and Love have a significant effect on a mother’s ability to connect with her child during pregnancy.
- Increasing the feelings of joy and love during pregnancy will allow you to enjoy your pregnancy even more.
- Oxytocin also known as the love hormone is triggered by the baby to instigate the start of labour. So by moving your fear and anxiety to joy and love you will enable the
Fathers or significant others fear and anxiety.
These usually centre around feelings of helplessness. Fathers are often the driving force to have a more medicated birth. It is just as important as the significant other as well as the mother to deal with pregnancy and childbirth fear and anxiety.
Benefits of dealing with fear and anxiety during pregnancy.
The good news about feeling fear and anxiety about childbirth is that you are in touch with your feelings which allows you to deal with them now. In a study, it was found that those who felt fear and anxiety during pregnancy and then dealt with it experienced less pain during labour.
My dealing with fear and anxiety in childbirth 1-1 package.
Who is it for?
- Anyone can benefit from dealing with fear and anxiety about childbirth even those considering become pregnant who are experiencing fear and anxiety as a barrier to conceiving.
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy but preferably by 20 weeks.
- Significant others will benefit particularly if the mother wants to labour at home when the partner would rather they labour in hospital.
What does it involve:
- First, we will locate the feelings of fear and anxiety and explore where they are from and move them from inside you to outside you.
- Using your personal metaphors, we will use visualisation to allow you to leave the feelings of fear and anxiety behind you.
- Together we will script your personal relaxation and visualisation meditations for leaving fear and anxiety behind to use during labour.
- We will then cultivate your feelings of joy and love.
- And together script a personal relaxation and visualisation meditations of joy and love to use during labour.
Depending on your level of fear and anxiety this process should take between 6-12 sessions you can choose the speed at which you would like to progress.
If you are interested in a free 20 minute getting to know me chemistry session please Contact me:
Image: Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo