Hypnobirthing is fast becoming the generic term for natural childbirth. However it is a specific approach to child birth.
Hypnobirthing is based on the work of an English physician, Dr Grantly Dick-Read, whose philosophies
and principles formed the foundations of the National Childbirth Trust (NCT).
The approach incorporates the use of:
- Information about the natural process of child birth.
- Dealing with fear and anxiety
- Breathing techniques
- Relaxation methods
- Visualisation techniques
Most teachers of hypnobirthing assume a one size fits all approach to teaching hypno birthing, basically teaching what they have been taught and using generic relaxation and visualisation scripts. However individuals may have different requirements and a more personalised relaxation and visualisation method can be established through self directed learning, to allow for a more empowering and a personalised Birthing plan.
My positive mindful approach is to coach rather than teach using an eclectic mix of western science and eastern philosophy. Facilitating the empowered birth!
Benefits of hypnobirthing & positive mindful birthing if it works for you:
- Increased connection between mother and child and with your significant other.
- Reduce fear and anxiety about birthing.
- Learn effective breathing techniques which assist the birthing process.
- Connection to your body which increases your awareness of the process of birthing.
- Increase the chances of you sticking to your natural birth plan.
- Reduce the experience of pain during childbirth.
- Reduced risk of a medicated birth.
- Reduce the risk of cuts and tears.
- Reduced risk of post-partum depression
- Increased possibility of easier latch for breast feeding.
- Learn techniques which work to relax and empower you into your parenting journey and future births.
Further benefits of a positive Mindful birthing coaching:
- Personalised approach.
- Empowerment to make decisions and take control whatever the birth you have.
- Coaching rather than teaching.
- Online access to a community of parents.
If you are interesting in positive parenting coaching – from pregnancy birthing and beyond check out my positive spaces.
Image: Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo